Stop the use of palm oil
Palm oil is the subject of a lot of controversy, because of its impact on both health and the environment. In terms of health, some point to its high saturated fatty acid content and the fact that it has a higher impact on cholesterol than other vegetable oils such as olive oil, which is richer in unsaturated fatty acids.
On the environmental side, palm oil cultivation is a major cause of deforestation, leading to an irreversible impact on biodiversity in general, and certain endangered species of monkeys in particular.
We may not be doctors or environmentalists, but the evidence tells us we must abstain from palm oil use!
- Rework all of our recipes that could have contained palm or palm kernel oil
- Impose the same standards on our suppliers, by making it clear in all our supplier specifications that we refuse to accept any products containing palm or palm kernel oil
- Do not replace palm oil with partially hydrogenated fats
- ZERO palm or palm kernel oil
- Our goal of ZERO palm oil has been achieved!
- Our viennoiseries are made with pure butter, without any palm oil and without any partially hydrogenated fat products. Even our 100% vegan croissant (so must be made without butter) doesn’t contain palm oil - a double challenge in fact!
- A product that symbolizes this approach, our chocolate-hazelnut spread, is palm oil-free