Promote animal welfare
Animal welfare is integral to our approach in sourcing our products. Taking this approach necessitates a re-think of all of our supply chains for animal products. Animal breeders and producers need time and visibility to put all the required changes in place. By making this commitment, we are able to accelerate the implementation of solutions to the benefit of animal welfare.
- Don’t use species that appear on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species (The International Union for the Conservation of Nature)
- Convert egg supplies to free-range chicken farms
- Move towards compliance with the recommendations of the Better Chicken Commitment
- Source fish products only from sustainable fishing or responsible seafood farming
- 100% of our eggs and egg products to be sourced from free-range chickens by 2025
- Source our chicken meat only from production chains that respect the Better Chicken Commitment, in all our shops in the EU, by 2026
- Use only seafood from sustainable fishing or responsible aquaculture.
- The eggs that we use in your sandwiches, salads and omelettes are already from free-range chickens, as are those used to make your mini macarons
- Our tuna is sourced from responsible fishing and is MSC-certified (Marine Stewardship Council), which contributes to the preservation of resources and the biodiversity of our oceans.